The Institute offers all modalities of cancer Treatment:
1. Cancer Surgery - curative, palliative and reconstructive using advanced technology and equipments.
2. Radiation therapy using Cobalt-60 Teletherapy machines,
accelerator, remote controlled after loading system, manual intracavitary and
interstitial implantation procedure.
3. Systemic therapy with standard
dose and high dose chemotherapy.
4. Blood transfusion and
Immunohematology services with facilities for blood and blood
5. Palliative care - primary symptom care with multidisciplinary team.
I Floor, Microbiology, Biochemistry Laboratory
Second floor of the main block accommodating the entire laboratory
services of Pathology has been declared open on 30, Sept. 1992.
The Institute with 50 beds at the time of starting has achieved a bed
strength of 429. In addition to this, the Bangalore City Corporation Sri Venkateshwara
Dharmashala a unique project of its kind in the country provides accommodation to about
250 ambulatory cancer patients along with about 250 of their attendants.
In order to co-ordinate the patient care, the multi-disciplinary
out-patient block was built at a cost of Rs.34.00 lakhs. The ground floor has a main foyer
with waiting area, Medical Records, Public Relations Officer and Social Welfare Officer,
General Duty Doctors Clinic, Social Investigators for cancer registration,
Out-patient Clinics - Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, Head & Neck, Oral, Gynaec
and Radiation Oncology. The Department of Radio-diagnosis is also located. The first floor
of this block houses administrative component - Directors office, Medical
Superintendent, Chief Admn. Officer, Financial Adviser, Resident Medical Officer, Office,
Dept. of Biostatistics and Cancer Registry, CT Scanner Complex, Nursing
Superintendents Office, Computer Section, Anti-tobacco Cell, Population Based Cancer
Registry, Nuclear Medicine Department & Community Oncology.
OT - Complex:
A new operation theatre consisting of five modern fully equipped
operation rooms with 8 bedded and fully air-conditioned critical care unit with bed side
sophisticated monitors connected to the central monitoring station has been declared open
on 29.6.1993. the estimated cost of the above project including building is Rs.85.00
Two bedded infection free ward.
A commercial complex consisting of milk counter, vegetable stall, juice
centre, Janatha Bazar Provision Store, has been established facilitating the availability
of the above to the patients and their attendants.
This is a regional centre for dispensing and distribution of
radiopharmaceuticals established in collaboration with the Bhabha Atomic Research
Radiation Sterilization Plant:
The Radiation Sterilization Plant
(CGS - 300) "Rashmi" was
commissioned on 17th February 1989. This was set up to sterilize the disposable medical
and surgical instruments by gamma radiation.
At present a total of 1050 personnel are working in various branches.
This comprises of doctors, Scientific staff, Nurses, Technical staff,
Administrative staff and Supportive staff . Action has been taken to fill the vacant post.
The Institute has a wide range of sophisticated diagnostic, treatment
and research equipments worth of about Rs.100.00 Crores. Some of the major equipments are:
Clinac - 1800 (Linear Accelerator)
Whole Body Spiral CT Scanner
Mammography, Lymphangiography, Ultra-sonography
Blood Cell Separator
CCX - 100 Autoanalyser